Thursday 24 April 2014

Mallorca Classic Training camp 2014

Hi All,


Where do i start...
I would like to thank the following people who supported my 3rd edition of the Mallorca Classic Training Camp 2014.
Ben & Yvonne, Dave & Leah, Terry & Jan, Emma, Spenna, Rich, Ryan, Will, Luke, Nicola & Stuart, Warren, Mark, Malc, Simon.
You all made the camp very special, I was so impressed with everyone’s determination to complete the day’s rides and have a go at the training segments!
The weather once again was perfect, sun practically all the way and lovely warm temperatures, which just helps to further the enjoyment of each and every ride we did.
Obviously we had a few hiccups, with Emma unfortunately hitting the deck a couple of times and picking up some road rash ;-)  and me taking a couple of off-shoots, but hey, it all made for good après training chat at the local bar!
Some great photographs were taken and hopefully I will get these organised on the Poco Loco Cycling Facebook page now i have decided to form one to coincide with the website.
I would also like to take this opportunity in thanking the Hotel Dunas Blancas Jose, Andra, Chao & Marianne, for their fantastic service and providing us all with everything we needed for a comfortable and enjoyable stay...thank you so much!
The same goes to Rolando at Sport Bequi who is the only man I know who can multi-task several jobs at a time and still smile! You helped me enormously to make sure all the riders had a bike and ease my last minute panic attacks...and yes the Team Lampre t.t. bike was so cool to ride!
Hope to see you all again...
Nick
Poco Loco Cycling



3 comments:

  1. Thanks Nick for a brilliant first training camp for me, Very impressed with how smoothly it all ran and how organised it was with bikes, hotel etc. Very impressed with the hotel, Great staff, Great food and very nice clean rooms. To top it off a Fantastic Location. See you next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great week for me; I had my reervations, never having done something like this before, but much to my surprise, I was able to keep the pace and enjoyed every ride. There's something about riding in the sun that makes it so much easier. The hotel was ideally located and the staff couldn't have been more helpful; the place was clean, food plentiful and having a room set aside for bikes and equipment was a nice touch. Roll on next year! Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic 9 days of cycling for Leah and I, perfect time of year to go as weather was yet again superb - Many thanks to Hotel Dunas Blancas for a great stay again, great staff, very clean and great food (especially the rice pudding) - great training routes and great support from Nick - well organised and great bikes supplied from Sport Bequi at a great price - 2nd year we have been and will defo be making it a 3rd next year. Thanks again Nick

    David & Leah

    ReplyDelete